The tradition continues in 2024!
The concerts are scheduled for Monday 25th March 2024 (Geldrop) and Wednesday 27th March 2024 (Oirschot).
Ticket sales have started via our online shop.
Donors and visitors of the cancelled concerts will receive a separate newsletter. Via this website and our (Dutch) newsletter we will keep you informed – please subscribe.
Integral performance of St. Matthew Passion
at St. Peter’s Basilica in Oirschot
on Wednesday 27th March 2024
starting at 19:30 h
In the magnificent basilica of Oirschot a delightful performance of St. Matthew Passion will take place.
On Wednesday before Easter, Kempenkoor will sing J.S. Bach’s masterpiece for the 18th time!
This St. Matthew Passion ranks among the most appreciated performances in the south of the Netherlands and therefore belongs in the Easter agenda of many frequent visitors.
Jan Van Elsacker, tenor (Evangelist)
Raoul Steffani, bass (Christ)
Hilde Coppé, soprano
Gerben van der Werf, altus
Stefan Leippe, tenor
Marcel van Dieren, bass
Ralph Rousseau Meulenbroeks, viola da gamba
Admission: € 21,00 / € 42,00 / € 52,00 / € 85,00
Including: beverage during intermission, programme and € 1,- service charge per ticket. Additional payment charges apply when not using iDeal.
- On-line ticket shop
- At the counter of TIP Oirschot (Tourist Information Point), Markt 1, 5688 AJ Oirschot. Pin payment only. After ordering and payment you will receive your e-tickets via email.
- There will be ticket sales at the church before the concert.
Foundation Matthaüs Passion Oirschot-De Kempen
De Steenzager 38
5506 GH Veldhoven
Phone: 06-3759 9505, 040-254 9145
Foundation Matthäus Passion Oirschot-De Kempen takes great care in creating, assembling and distributing the information on this website, but cannot in any way guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information. The foundation does not accept any responsibility and disclaims all liability for any damages arising from the use or incompleteness of the information provided on this website in any manner.
Highlights of St. Matthew Passion
at H. Brigida church in Geldrop
on Monday 25th March 2024
starting at 20:00 h
Every year Kempenkoor visits a different town to introduce more people to St. Matthew Passion. An abbreviated version of St. Matthew Passion is performed, which includes all choir pieces and some arias. This concept is unique in the Netherlands. Many visitors are so captivated that they want to attend the full performance in Oirschot later.
What will happen that evening?
- You will witness the dress rehearsal of the choir and the orchestra (totalling 130 musicians). They will be rehearsing all chorals and choir pieces.
You will also hear any instructions of the conductor (in Dutch). The integral performance will take place in Oirschot two days later.
- Tonight the well-known story of the betrayal and death of Jesus will be narrated (in Dutch) by tenor Jan Van Elsacker, who also sings the Evangelist role in the integral performance.
- Soprano Rosa Ligtermoet will sing a few well-known arias.
- Musicians will give some explanations about their instruments (in Dutch). These are actual baroque instruments from the days of Bach or faithful copies.
- The evening has a relaxed and informal atmosphere.
We warmly welcome children to attend the concert. The evening has been shortened to create a music performance that will appeal to the entire family.
“They did not know that classical music could be such fun and beautiful”, according to an enthusiastic grandfather. The Highlights of St. Matthew Passion is a success among children.
Are you interested to attend this special programme?
Admission to Highlights of St. Matthew Passion is € 20,00 (including €1,00 service charge).
Young people of age 16 or below escorted by an adult pay € 5,00 (including €1,00 service charge).
- On-line ticket shop
- There will be ticket sales at the church before the concert (if not sold out)